THE HOLISTIC HEALING TEAM
SOUKYA is a family-run organisation headed by Dr. Issac Mathai M.D., a holistic physician who is an internationally renowned holistic health consultant. He is the Chairman, Managing and Medical Director and his wife, Mrs. Suja Issac M.Sc., M.Phil. (Foods & Nutrition) is the Executive Director. They are personally involved with the running of SOUKYA and also live with their family on the property. Their team consists of consultants and doctors from different systems of medicine, therapists and visiting national and international specialists. He is backed by an International Advisory Board, which is headed by Dr. R.M. Varma, India's eminent neurosurgeon.
- Dr. Issac Mathai MD, MRCH
Dr. ISSAC MATHAI M.D.(HOM.), M.R.C.H (LOND.) CHAIRMAN, MANAGING & MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Dr. Mathai hails from a family with a tradition of Homeopathic practice spanning four decades. He graduated from the A.N.S.S. Medical College - Kerala, India and took his M.D. (Homeopathy) from the Hahnemann Post-Graduate Institute of Homeopathy, London. Following this he took his M.R.C.H.(London) and joined as a physician at Europe's first and largest holistic health care clinic for over 10 years.
He studied Chinese Pulse Diagnosis and Acupuncture at the W.H.O. Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Nanking, China. He also participated in the Mind-Body Medicine training programme at the Harvard Medical School in Cambridge, MA in the USA.
Dr. Mathai established the Bangalore Holistic Medical Centre in 1989 and has a patient network of over 10,000 covering 40 countries. He runs a homeopathic chain of clinics in Bangalore - the Holistic Homeopathic Clinic started in September 1996 and the second one in September 1999. They provide free medicine for those who cannot afford it.
- The Wellness Clinic - an outpatient integrative medical city clinic started in 1998 was the pilot project of SOUKYA.
- SOUKYA, the International Holistic Health Centre was started in 2002 and officially opened in January 2003 during the Global Holistic Health Summit.
- A holistic physician with an established medical practice in Bangalore, India, Dr. Mathai is also a visiting consultant at holistic centres in London and the US.
- Dr. Mathai has rich experience in treating all sections of society around the world, having practiced holistic medicine for over 20 years. He is a visiting holistic health consultant at worldwide clinics.
- Dr. Mathai has addressed several conferences worldwide on Holistic Health. He was invited by the World Health Organisation ('W.H.O.') onto its committee for 'The Renewal of the Global Health Policy for the 21st Century'.
- He was the Organising Secretary for the first International Conference on Holistic Health and Medicine (Nov 1989) in Bangalore, India which was patronised by His Holiness The Dalai Lama. The conference was attended by 400 international delegates from 30 countries. Keynote speakers included Dr. Andrew Weil, Swami Satchidananda and Bishop Gregorious, President of the W.C.C.
- Dr. Mathai also organised the Global Holistic Health Summit (Jan 2003) whose keynote speakers included Dr. Deepak Chopra, Dr. Norman Shealy, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar of the Art of Living Foundation and representatives from the W.H.O. and the Princes of Wales Foundation for Integrative Medicine. The summit was attended by 500 international delegates from over 40 countries.
- Dr. Mathai is on the Board of various Medical Centres and Associations:
- Medical Director: International Holistic Health Centre, India
- Secretary General: International Holistic Health Association, India
- Medical Director: Bangalore Homeopathic Medical Centre, India
- Sponsor and Medical Director: St. Thomas Charitable Homeopathic Clinic, India.
- Sponsor and Medical Director: Holistic Homeopathic Clinic, India
- Consulting Physician: 1111 Clinic, New York, USA
- Consulting Physician: The Hale Clinic, London, UK
- Member: The Society of Holistic Medical Practitioners, U.K.
- Honorary Member: French Homeopathic Medical Society, France.
- Member: International Homeopathic Medical League, Geneva, Switzerland.
SUJA ISSAC M.Sc.,M.Phil. (Foods & Nutrition), EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Suja Issac graduated with a B.Sc. in Home Science and went on to do her M.Sc. and M.Phil. in Foods & Nutrition at the Women's Christian College, Madras University.
Both her M.Sc. and M.Phil. dissertation work, which was conducted at the Madras Medical College and the Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai were awarded the 'Best Thesis Award' from the University of Madras.
She was a lecturer at the Women's Christian College, Chennai and the Mount Carmel College, Bangalore where she taught Foods and Nutrition and related subjects.
She helped set up the Wellness Clinic in Bangalore which was the pilot project of SOUKYA. Recently, SOUKYA hosted the Global Holistic Health Summit from 12-17 January, 2003 which had over 500 delegates from 45 countries and the key note speakers included Dr. Deepak Chopra, Dr. Norman Shealy and Sri Sri Ravi Shankar to name a few.
She and her husband, Dr. Issac Mathai, started a homeopathic chain of clinics in Bangalore - the Holistic Homeopathic Clinic started in September 1996 and the second one in September 1999.
All doctors on the team are medically qualified in their respective System of Medicine. They have good knowledge, training, experience and above all are passionate about their work.
The doctors on the SOUKYA team include:
HOMEOPATHY DOCTORS DETAILS
Dr. Sudha BHMS( Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) Director
Dr.Sudha started her career as a Lecturer in the Government Homeopathic Medical College where she worked for a period of 6 years. She has been working for 23 years under the guidance of Dr. Issac Mathai, Presently she is the Director of SOUKYA.
AYURVEDA DOCTOR DETAILS
Dr. M. Narayanan Namboodri BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery)
Dr. Narayanan is an Ayurvedic physician who received qualification from the Coimbatore Ayurveda College. He graduated first of his class. He has over 18 years of experience. He has been working with SOUKYA since 2012.
Dr. Sateesh Ranjanagi BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery)
Dr. Sateesh is an Ayurvedic physician who received qualification from the KPSVS Ayurvedic Medical College in Raichur and finished an additional course in Cardiac and Emergency Cases from Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Hospital, Bangalore. He has over 4 years of experience. He has been working with SOUKYA since 2008.
NATUROPATHY DOCTOR DETAILS
Dr. Shubha.R ( Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences)
Dr. Shubha graduated from SDM college of Naturopathy and Yogic sciences in 1996. She was awarded the gold medal for academic excellence by the Mangalore University. She has over 16 years of experience. She has been with SOUKYA since 2001.
INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD
The International Advisory Board consists of eminent doctors, consultants and therapists from different parts of the world from different systems of modern and complementary medicine.
- Padmashri Dr. R. Martanda Varma F.R.C.S(Edinburgh), D.Sc,F.A.M.S.,F.A.Sc
- Dr. Rajendra Sharma MB, BCh, BAO, LRCP (I), LRCS(I), MRCH. MF (Hom) Medical Director, The Hale Clinic, London, UK
- Mr. Jerry Toporovsky, Founder and Director, Baltimore Holistic Health Centre, USA
- Prof. Kim Anthony Jobst BA, MBBS, MA DM MRCP MF(Hom), DIP AC Editor in Chief, Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, U.K.
- Dr. Fred Pescatore MD MPH Medical Director, Centres for Integrative and Complementary Medicine, New York & Texas, USA
- Dr. Francois Cheffdeville, MD International Professor of Homeopathy, Institute of Boiron, France
- Dr. Rosy Daniel BSc, MBBCh Medical Director, The Bristol Cancer Help Institute, UK
- Dr. Fritz Frederick Smith MD, FCCAc Founder, Zero Balancing Association, California, USA
- Dr. Norman Shealy MD Ph.D Founder and Director, The Shealy Institute, Springfield, USA
- Dr. Antti Heikkial MD (Orthopaedic Surgeon) Founder- Finnish Holistic Medical Association, Finland
- Mr. Shin-Ichiro Tereyama Executive Director, Subtle Energy Insititute, Tokyo, Japan
- Dr. Stephen Fulder MA, Ph.D Consultancy And Research on Bio-Medicine ("CAROB"), Israel
- Dr. Ranjan Ramaswamy MBBS, MSc (Wales) Medical Director, Marina Medical Centre, Singapore
- Dr. Victor S Sierpina MD Clinic Medical Director, Department of Family Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, USA.
- Dr. W. Bruce Millimann ND Associate Professor, Naturopathic Medicine Programme, Bastyr University, USA.
- Dr. Newman Turner BAc, ND, DO, MRN Trustee, Research Council for Complementary Medicine, U.K.
- Dr. David Lorimer, Ph.D Scientific and Medical Network, UK
- Dr. Nimrod Sheinman BSc, ND President, Israel Naturopathic Association, Director, The Israel Centre For Mind - Body Medicine, Israel
- Prof. Avshalom Mizrahi Academic Director and Dean of the Faculty of Naturopathy, Reidman College, The International College of Complementary Medicine, Israel
- Dr. Luanne Ruona M.D. Director, Holistic Psychiatry Centre, Washington D.C. USA
- Dr. Karen Erickson DC Chiropractic Health Practitioner, New York, U.S.A.
- Dr. Caroline M. Myss Ph. D Best selling author in Holistic Medicine, Chicago, U.S.A
- Dr. K. Srinath Reddy MD DM (Card) MSc. MAMS Professor of Cardiology, All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi, India
- Dr. M.S. Valiathan MCh, FRCS, FRCS C Former Vice Chancellor, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, India
- Dr Anthony Soyer MBBS (Sydney) Resident Doctor, The Bristol Cancer Help Centre, U.K.
- Dr. V.R.Pandurangi International Co-ordinator, CAMHADD, UK
SOUKYA was established with international collaboration from world renowned Health Centres in the USA and Europe. The centre is in collaboration with the International Holistic Health Association as it is a composite prototype centre that has been established under a private initiative to demonstrate the actual working of the holistic approach to health. The aim is to promote and compliment the initiative of the World Health Organisation for "The Renewal of the Global Health Policy for the 21st Century."